Friday, May 31, 2013

This was the piece I made for my final critique in my Studio Drawing class last semester that is also the second piece I entered into ArtMelt. I started working on this one the week before spring break and it took a lot of work to finish seeing how I did it completely in colored pencil! I was also lucky enough to have real life references, since the tiny Nature Lab at MICA actually had a wildebeest and ewe skull I could use! I also borrowed a set of deer ribs from my roommate and bought spring daises while I was at the Baltimore Farmer's Market for reference. Because of the material I had, I was able to make everything life size on the paper, making this 35 inches long! It's one of the biggest works of art I've done and it was cool to get out of my comfort zone for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment