Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Fifth Sun








Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!! I figured since I haven't updated the blog in a long time, today would be the perfect day to do it. My classes have all gotten more work heavy, so a big apology to everyone who's been missing my artwork. Now that winter break has started, I'll be posting more frequently for sure, and I thought it would help to show all that work I've been doing for the past two months!
The one assignment that cost me the most stress and effort that I worked tirelessly on this fall semester was definitely my Character Design final. The prompt was to create an idea for a cartoon and then design it in pitch packet form for a "presentation" to the whole class.
The story I came up is an action/adventure cartoon for pre-teens called Fifth Sun, which takes place in the late 15th century during the height of the Aztec Empire in the city of Tenochtitlan, and focuses on Talli, a thirteen year old girl who is stated to succeed her mother to become the next High Priestess of the city, despite the jealousy of her great Aunt Zuma, who was next in line before Talli was born, and vows to take away Talli's authority to get the respect of the city back.
As much as I stressed out and stayed up into the wee hours of the morning working on this project, it was actually kind of fun! Coming up with the story and characters challenged me to think about how things would work in the environment, and all the research I did to keep the accuracy of the Aztec era was super interesting! There were definitely some rough parts, and the presentation itself could have gone better, but I would like to work more on this project in the future and keep building on it, so there is a good chance these characters will be popping up on this blog in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment