Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For those of you who have been following me for a while now, you know that I got accepted into last year's Art Melt 2013, which is the largest juried art exhibit in Louisiana. You'll remember it was this piece that got in, and that it was on display at the Louisiana State Museum for about three weeks. Unfortunately, I was studying abroad in London when it got accepted and was unable to go the the opening ceremonies or anything, but I was able to go to the gallery everything was displayed in when I flew back to Louisiana. It was a super cool experience for me and also was a really great chance to see some amazing work by other Louisiana artists.
Well good news! A piece of mine got accepted this year as well! The first self portrait in this post I added last February got in. This time I was able to go to the preview party this year, and it was really nice to be able to talk to some of the other artists about their work. All of the artwork is awesome, and to think I was one of the 67 artists to get accepted out of over 400 entries is very cool. If you're ever in the Baton Rouge area, so to the Louisiana State Museum to check out the exhibit I'm in! It will be up until August 28th, so everyone has plenty of time to see the work that all of these artists, including me, have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment